Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Burton @ Appy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member kristina_jib08's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Burton @ Appy

    I was just wondering peoples opinions on this game!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    After being there at the Appalachia--Rye Cove game, I was a bit disappointed with the way Appy played.. Meanwhile Burton is out for blood and is still packing many speedsters and has plenty of great players to choose from.

    If you want my HONEST opinion, I'm thinking that Burton is going to hurt Appy badly within the first half of the game; but at the same time, the Dawgs can be quite unpredictable from time to time, so I can't say for sure that my opinion will follow through.
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bellyright's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2006
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    I will agree that burton may have the advantage as far as speed goes. A team cannot score if they dont have the ball. I see this game as a possession type of game. Appy will hopefully control the clock . Coach Turner was the best @ that. It will be closer than what has been predicted.
    Success is never final;
    Failure is never fatal;
    It is courage that counts.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    With the style offense they had in week 1, throw clock control out the window.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    Burton was in a touchy situation last Friday Night. While it would have been great for the starters to have played a full game before facing Appy this week they really had to play the second team. I mean it was 40-0 at the half and the risk of "running it up" or getting someone hurt had to be kind of stinks. I would like to have seen a bit tougher contest to keep the starters in sync.
    I don't know ????
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    I agree, our team needed some additional work to get ready for Appy, but this is the last time we play Castlewood, they decided not to extend the contract at the last minute, Me personally I am glad, we need to schedule another non conference opponent that would help us get ready for the Powell Valley's, Gate City's, Clintwood's and Appalachia's. Nothing against Castlewood but at this point in time we do not need to be playing them. I think we will begin playing Lee High again next year in the place of Castlewood. I wish we were still playing Haysi first game of the year.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member EyeOfTheTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2006
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    Those Burton boys can hit and lay some good shots so Appy can't just keep the ball away from them because they will be in some third and long situations. Appy has to convert and I don't think they can convert often enough.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    Virginia High was always a good game, split a 2 game series with them when i played
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  9. #9
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    I only played against them once and we beat them over in Bristol in 95 maybe.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member derrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    i think appy will come out with it on one perspective but on the other hand burton is quick.Norton will have to come over the spirit of tom to win this game <font color="black"> </font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •